– Take whatever amount of time you think you need for the meeting and halve it (promotes focus).
– Show up 10 minutes early to pay the “tech tax” (trying to get Skype, or GoToMeeting, or the 10 year old desktop, or the conference call dial in, or whatever to work).
– Be clear at the very beginning what the goal of the meeting is.
– Only do the item above after you have shown that you are a human (warm smile, say hi, welcome them, eye contact).
– Promote discussion, not just reporting.
– If you are the leader, ask more questions and follow-up questions.